KLOSE - a name to add to my CLOSE study?

Following the landmark achievement of Miroslav KLOSE today, becoming the most prolific goal-scorer in World Cup history, I was beginning to wonder if I ought to add the surname KLOSE to my one-name study of CLOSE. [If the news has passed you by, see BBC Sport and all will be revealed - or if you understand German, try this link..]

I therefore did a quick check on the frequency of the surname KLOSE on www.verwandt.de and found there are 7,726 entries in the German phone book, which according to the website indicates there could be over 20,600 individuals bearing the name.  OK, so it seemed like a good idea for a moment, but I think I'll stick to CLOSE/CLOSS for the time being.

Of course, Miroslav, you'll have plenty of free time when you retire from football, so maybe you'd like to take up a one-name study of your surname?  I'd be happy to compare notes with you, or indeed with any of the 20,600-odd other KLOSE individuals who may be looking for a challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shares your birthday?

An enterprising Sunderland shipwright - Robert CLOSE 1825-1894.